Huntington, WV is one of the best places in the state to own a home, and this is why as a resident, you should always protect your investment with a home insurance policy. Ensure that you always renew your policy on time so that your home is always protected. You are likely wondering – how often should you renew your home insurance policy? Partners Insurance & Financial Services Inc offers you this guide to decide.
How Often Do I Need To Renew My Home Insurance Policy?
1. Home insurance policy renewal best practices
Home insurance policies typically last for one year (12 months). Therefore, it’s good practice to renew your policy every 12 months. Your insurance provider will likely send you a renewal statement several weeks before renewal dates. Many insurers will automatically renew your policy if you opt to keep paying your bill.
At Partners Insurance & Financial Services Inc., we recommend that you renew your home policy even before the 12 months lapses under the following special circumstances;
- Your home decreases or increases in value
- You remodel your home or any part of it
- You add an extension to your home
- You install a robust anti-theft system
- You install a class-leading fire mitigation system
- You reroof your home
- You cut down trees around your home
- You purchased expensive jewelry
2. How do I renew my home insurance?
- Step 1. Check if your rates have changed: Your rates might have gone up or down depending on factors like inflation and property value depreciation.
- Step 2: Update your policy as needed: The best time to make changes to your home insurance policy is when you are renewing it. Remember to ask for discounts where applicable.
- Step 3. Review the changes to your coverage: Confirm that the changes to your home policy, whether made by the insurer or by you, are okay for you.
Do you need excellent home insurance in Huntington, WV? Welcome to Partners Insurance & Financial Services Inc.; we will help you get the best home insurance policy.