With the thought of a storm looming in the Huntington, WV area, it can be difficult to know what steps to take in order to prepare your home for bad weather.
Here are a few tips from us at Partners Insurance & Financial Services Inc. to help you stay safe and sound.
Preparing Your Home For A Storm
1. Check your roof and gutters for any potential damage or clogged debris that could cause water damage during a storm. Make sure all gutter systems are properly secured and clear of any blockages.
2. Trim branches away from your house and put away outdoor furniture, such as chairs, tables, and barbecues. This will reduce the risk of them being thrown around by powerful winds or getting damaged by hail or falling branches.
3. Bring in any outdoor decorations, toys, and other loose items to prevent them from flying away due to strong winds. Similarly, close windows and shutters if possible in order to protect against flying debris.
4. Prepare an emergency kit with essentials like food, water, medications, flashlights, batteries and anything else you may need in case of an emergency situation.
5. Keep plenty of sandbags around your home in case you need to divert floodwater away from certain areas or protect the foundation from potential flooding issues later on down the line.
Also, Keep Your Home Insurance Policy Updated
A little preparation can go a long way when it comes to protecting against storms; taking these proactive steps can help save you time and money should one occur!
For more tips to keep your home and family safe, call us at Partners Insurance & Financial Services Inc. today! We can help you get the best home insurance policy for your needs. We proudly serve the Huntington, WV area.